Tuesday, July 20, 2010


New York is hot.
The temperature is something that you cannot describe to someone who has never experienced it.
90 degrees actually feels like 213.
It just isn't right!

I check the weather on my computer before I go outside, see it is a cool 89 and dress accordingly.
Recently, I have just accepted that it's going to be hot and I'm going to be a sweaty mess regardless of what I wear, so I end up going with shorts and flip flops.

Before I walk out the door, I take one last breath in the freezing cold air-conditioned room and brace myself for the sauna I'm about to step into.

Heaven forbid you have to take the subway on one of these days...
It is like switching from a sauna directly into a steam room.
I swear the humidity is at least 98% down by the 4,5, and 6 trains at Union Square


Probably the best thing you can see on one of these days is this little sign:

"Air Conditioned Car, Please close windows"

One nice thing about it being so hot is when you step inside an air conditioned room it seems that much cooler. Aaaand then you step back outside and are overwhelmed by the heat again. It is a vicious cycle.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I don't even know why I still attempt to get ready, because I know I am going to sweat off all my make up and my hair will end up in a ponytail. It's quite a hassle, really. And if a subway doesn't come in under 2 minutes, I start to panic and think I should maybe walk to avoid the heat. Even if it's like, 30 blocks. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate! I was hoping that it was going to be better there than her in Nashville! I hate all my clothes sticking to me and let's not even talk about my hair!!!

    ReplyDelete